We are all advocates of healthy living. We all want healthy dishes on our menus. However, healthy dishes should also be appealing and appetizing. Having a salad with or without the main course is essential as a part of our daily diet. The colorful mixture of most salad ingredients is pleasing to both your sight and your flavor pallet.
Salads have the earned the reputation of being healthy and delicious. Nothing beats a great salad smothered with a variety of dressings available in the market today.
Some of the good salad recipes are continuously being altered and modified into an endless innovative creation of salad lovers. You will surely impress your family and friends with these nutritious salad recipes for a healthy mind, strong body, and long life. So let’s start our healthy diet and follow the recipes below…
Cooking Lessons | 3 Deliciously Nutritious Salad Recipes For A Strong Body, Healthy Mind, And Long Life
Some Say “We Are What We Eat” And These Deliciously Nutritious Salads Are The Best Way To Maintain Who we Are
Eating right promotes a healthier lifestyle. Salads are very nutritious yet some folks are simply not interested for various reasons, some are allergic to certain vegetables, and others just doesn’t care for eating light.
But if you are on the road of having a better health and get fitter, salads are the best. You wouldn’t exert much effort in preparing one. Below is a video tutorial from cleananddelicious.com on why eating with salad is healthy and a must try!
1. Pad Thai Salad
- 3 1/2 oz buckwheat noodles
- 2 large zucchini, peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- Using a vegetable peeler, you must cut the zucchini and carrots into long strips.
- Cook the noodles according the package directions and let it cool slightly.
- In a blender, purée the olive oil, almond butter, cilantro, lemon juice, tahini, syrup, tamari, garlic, cayenne, and four tbsp water until smooth texture is achieved.
- In a bowl, combine noodles, zucchini, carrots, red pepper, sesame seeds, and cashews with dressing to mix. Divide the recipe into three servings and garnish with mint.
2. Carrot, Beet & Sesame Salad
- 2 medium Chioggia or red beets, peeled
- 1 cup baby kale
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Coarsely grate beets and carrots.
- In a bowl, mix the grated beets and carrots, kale, sesame seeds, vinegar, and syrup to mix. Season with salt and viola! Your salad is ready to serve.
3. Almond Butter Quinoa
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Juice of 2 lemons, divided
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 1 small cucumber
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Chile flakes
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat your oven to 425°.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, put your quinoa, 1 cup water and juice of one lemon to a boil and season with salt. Cover and lower your heat.
- Simmer until the liquid is absorbed for about 10 minutes and let it cool.
- On a baking sheet, toast nuts for 10 minutes until it gets crunchy. Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise and cut into half-moons.
- In a bowl, mix the almond butter, oil, remaining juice of one lemon and Chile flakes. In another bowl, mix your quinoa, nuts cucumber, and arugula. Combine with dressing.
You can also the watch Tess Christine video here on preparing lunch salads.
Easy right? Eating a healthy salad is just minutes of preparation. Salad diet doesn’t only promote healthy living but also changes the eating habits of our older generation.
We all tend to forget that salads could be a meal on its own and it doesn’t have to be a gut-busting amount neither to satisfy our hunger. So, which salad recipe is your favorite? Well, whichever salad you choose, I’m sure It’ll be a great start of a healthy living.
Check out the other recipes here.
Like this post? You will also like these…
[Video] Cooking Lessons | Fresh And Easy Meals In 30 Minutes
Cooking Lessons | Take Your Meal To The Next Level With This Slow-Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
[Video] Cooking Lessons | A Hearty Breakfast Casserole Recipe That’ll Blow Your Mind
Originally posted on May 5, 2016 @ 4:55 am
Leave a Reply